November 16, 2011

Mana Food Bar

Having heard so many good things about it...I finally had dinner at Mana Food Bar last week. Mana is a vegetarian restaurant in Chicago, and has an incredible reputation with both veggies and non-veggies.

I started with the Five Spice Tofu, a salad with shallots, basil, cucumber, and tomato in a soy red wine vinaigrette. The tofu is so good and I love the flavor combinations in the salad.
I followed up with the Sesame Noodles, chilled yellow wheat noodles tossed in spicy sesame peanut sauce with shredded peapods and carrot. I love anything with spicy peanut sauce and this was absolutely perfect.
And finally, I had the Spiced Pumpkin Tamale with mole poblano. Creamy, spicy and lovely for fall.

And their heated patio is a great way to spend a chilly evening.

No comments: